4.01.2007

FXA-05D/RX-178 HGUC Pt.2

Well, I've been going at it pretty slow lately. CAA chat is taking up most of my free time. I'm still working on this HGUC. I am a relative new comer to this hobby, so what I am going to talk about today isn't all that impressive.

I'll be writing a short little diddy about sanding seems. Those hideous lines left when you press fit pieces of plastic together. I found a wonderful product called Ambroid ProWeld. This is like atomic powered glue. It's not so much glue, as it is acid. It literally melts the plastic together. The idea is to let it use it's "capillary action" to seep down into the seem, and melt the surface of the plastic to "weld" it together. Simply brush on, squeeze tight for 10 seconds, set the piece aside for a bit, then grind 'er down. After you have ground it down far enough with a file, just wet sand it (I use 1000 grit automotive sandpaper)a little longer and walla! No more seem! The combination that I use gives a nice flat appearence with very little or no sheen.

Hopefully, I'll be finishing the sanding this week. Inking, will come next week. The final step, Mr. TopCoat will, cross your fingers, be about two weeks from now.

Then I'll need to finish the FXA-05D Supporting Fighter that comes with this kit. Because, after all, it would only be a MK II, not the Super Gundam, without the support fighter.

Here is some info on the RX-178 MK II + FXA-05D "Super Gundam" via MAHQ.net.

'Till next time!


No comments: